Homework, midterms, papers, these are not some of the things we look forward to. Back to school is upon us and it doesn’t seem like we can avoid it. Commercials on TV, newspaper ads and stores filled with school supplies are in our faces all the time these days. Sometimes the start of a new school year can be a time for redemption. Everything is new, our classes, teacher and school supplies are fresh and we can start on a blank canvas. Here are some tips to start the new academic year.
- Be on time. Being on time is one of the most important things to do. It shows you respect the class and the teacher. Some of the most important announcements are in the very beginning and if you are late everyday then you won’t know about the test next week or the extra credit assignment that is being offered.
- Do your best. Everyone has different strengths and weaknesses. Having a perfect average all the time is nearly impossible and can be stressful. It is okay not to be perfect. As long as you do your very best and try to your fullest potential then you have done all you can do. Give yourself a break.
- Be prepared. Come to class with your homework done and the proper material for the class. Scrambling around for a paper and pen can not only be distracting to the classroom but can cause you to not get the most out of the class. You have to be there anyway, might as well get the most out of it. You will be surprised at what interesting things you can learn from school.
- Make new friends. There’s always a new kid in school and they can use the kindness. Let’s face it, it’s not fun being the new kid on the block so extend the smiling face and offer that seat to them at lunch. You may in fact find a long lasting friendship.
- Participate! Whether you like it or not, part of your grade is based on you raising that hand and answering a question. It not only makes the class go by quicker but when you don’t do as well on that pop quiz, your participation points will help boost your grade.
Well there you have it, a few tips to help you get through this new school year. Make it a great one!
Leave a Reply